A classically trained artist turned UX designer. Leveraging creative skills and a background in business, I strive to find the harmony between technology and people at the intersection of business and user needs.
Gabby Loeff is a visual designer and storyteller with degrees in Business and Fine Art. Originally from Scottsdale, Gabby pursued her undergraduate career at Brandeis University in Boston. There she learned to hone her skills in business and refine her work as an abstract and surreal painter. Gabby’s love for the arts and passion for creativity ultimately led her to discover the field of user experience design. Through self-taught study and a Cornell design certificate, Gabby has successfully crossed over into the world of UX. Her classical training in business and the arts has given her a unique perspective as a designer and problem solver. Since beginning her journey in UX, Gabby has helped local Boston companies pioneer their branding and marketing solutions through Agile Project Management as early stage startups.
• Lead UX Designer for a government contractor specializing in defense and warfighter technology.
• Responsible for user research, rapid prototyping, and development of low and high-fidelity mockups.
• Projects: AI-based physical systems prototype evaluation tool; real-time network topology interface; VR collaboration space; military asset tracking.
• Domains: VR collaboration tools, network infrastructure analysis, physical systems evaluation, situational awareness, AI-guided decision making, etc.
• Routinely work multiple contracts in parallel. Close collaboration with scientists on SBIR and DARPA based contracts.
• Sole UX designer in a start-up specializing in online marketing for real estate brokerage powered by CMS platform. Led redesign effort to overhaul major user workflows, including Form Editor, Page Editor, Client-based Landing Page Tool, Account Profiles, and more.
• Conducted client usability tests and interviews. Iterated designs based on business requirements, technical constraints, and user feedbacks.
• Presented design iterations and research finds weekly to upper-level management.
• Ideated product features for CMS and conductedA/B testing to determine strength and quality of design solutions.
• Designed and updated branding and marketing assets for company web pages, including iconography, illustrations, composite images, and UX wireframes.
• Generated new creative marketing and landing page strategies by researching competitor analytics in order to design landing pages that produced higher conversion rates.
• Managed a B2C marketing campaign for a local bus shelter by crafting iterations of print advertisements for management approval.